SAO PAULO – General Motors and Fiat have waiting lists up to 90 days long for some models in Brazil’s booming car market, while Honda and Chery announce recalls. With the discount on the industrial product tax for cars ending Aug. 31, there was a rush to dealerships and would-be buyers of some models were placed on waiting lists as long as three months. The government since has extended the tax cut through October. Before the extension was announced, waiting periods ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Waiting Lists Show Brazil’s Hot Car Market Simmering" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642