Warren P. Browne

Warren P.
Browne
President,
WP Browne Consulting
3 6 10

Warren P. Browne is president of WP Browne Consulting and has extensive experience in the global automobile industry. During the past 20 years, he has held senior executive positions at General Motors, including in Brazil, Poland and Russia. He currently serves as an adjunct professor of economics at Lawrence Technological University.

Articles

European New Programs Deliver Results; Asian Leaders Top Study Overall
Do major program updates and all-new models provide the return targeted by automakers? European Leaders get evaluated in this third and final installment of a series on investment paybacks.
Asian Leaders: Vehicle Improvements Best Detroit Three Entries
Second in a Series: Do major program updates and all-new models provide the return targeted by automakers? Asian leaders get evaluated.
Detroit Three: Vehicle Improvements Show Mixed Sales Results 3
Do major program updates and all-new models provide the return targeted by automakers? Here’s a look at how GM, Ford and Fiat Chrysler have fared.
Improve or Get Left Behind: A New Mantra for Working-Class Van 5
Growing construction activity and skyrocketing Internet retailing has helped lead the charge to Euro-style cargo vans in the U.S.
Market Share: Critical Brand Performance Metric for Automakers 3
The majority of auto manufacturers grow volume in an up market; market share performance separates the real winners and losers.
Top 25 Boasts New Faces, But Group as Powerful as Ever 2
This elite bunch of best-sellers generated 45% of all Q1 U.S. vehicle deliveries. It took 200 additional models to account for the remaining 55% share. That latter group may have to step up the pace if the market is to reach 17 million units this year.

Comments

The Magic Number: $3 a Gallon
January 16, 2017

$3/gallon is so 1990's. The real breakpoint, based upon a study we did for an OEM, is $5/gallon. Anything in between is a very grey area that is muddied by incentives, flashy...

Detroit Three: Vehicle Improvements Show Mixed Sales Results
December 22, 2016

This is a good question. There are a number of different ways that you can measure the negative effects of not updating. The preferred method is to determine the incremental...

Auto Issues to Intersect Under New DOT Chief Chao
December 9, 2016

JRI
re: EPA standards at 54.5. Phooey. Let the market decide. All for it. But, I want the leaders of GM, Ford and FCA to sign up for it publically. That way, when gas is...

President Trump, Please Tread Carefully
December 7, 2016

Moving to 2030 is a very good suggestion.

Improve or Get Left Behind: A New Mantra for Working-Class Van
April 8, 2016

You are correct. My article should have indicated the Promaster, not the Nissan product is built in Mexico. Thank you. Old number for Ram is Caravan C/V.

GM van is...